Wednesday, March 27, 2013

And now for a new year...

So I know it's been a new year for awhile now but I have been slow to post. To multi-task, I'm going to post on two restaurants in one blog - I know - I'm so talented!

The first restaurant was Lang Van on Shamrock Drive. I went there with my frequent dining buddy Shelly for the Bi Cuon. This restaurant was a tiny little hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese place that had a pretty traditional menu. The Bi Cuon is a rice paper wrap filled with cabbage & carrots that comes with a dipping sauce. I am pretty much fine with any sort of spring roll thing so I was a little taken aback when the waitress said something along the lines of "You don't want that. It's not good" & recommended a different appetizer. Now this was a first! I wasn't quite sure what to do - I mean, that's what I was there for! I read the description again & figured I would be fine. I was. I don't think I would ever be interested in paying for that again because I'm more of a fan of deep-fried rolls but you know....
For my entree I had the pho with well-cooked beef. I've always had pho with chicken but this was really good l. The portion was huge so I had some leftovers. 

The 2nd restaurant barely requires mentioning. Shelly, Anna, & I went to Davidson one day for lunch & shopping. If you haven't been there before, you should go. We chose the Flatiron Kitchen & Taphouse for lunch & I was super excited because they have Reuben that's on the list. Well guess what, they don't have it anymore. They haven't had it in a long time. I'm taking way too long to finish this list - Places are going out of business and dishes are disappearing. Our lunch there was okay but not that great. I don't even think I would recommend it. Slightly disappointing, but the trip to Davidson was nice.... And of course I always have fun with my friends!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment